Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
ArticlesSection default policy
Original articles are scientific reports of the results of experimental or observational original research on physical education and sportss. This section will consider for peer review and publication:
1. instrument validation;
2. qualitative studies;
3. quantitative studies;
4. observational studies (either transversal or longitudinal);
5. pilot studies;
6. development and/or validation of assessment instruments;
Studies that perform literature synthesis on a topic in physical education and sports. Only systematic reviews with meta-analysis and scoping reviews will be considered for evaluation. Pre-registration is mandatory and it may be done at the PROSPERO database (https://www.crd.york.ac.uk/PROSPERO/) or at a similar platform. Reviews without pre-registration will be declined and they may be resubmitted after pre-registration. In the case of reviews without meta-analysis, the manuscript must justify why the meta-analysis was considered unfeasible. The completed PRISMA checklist must be included in the submission as a supplementary file.
Up to 3000 words in lenght.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories, pre-prints sites or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater dissemination of published work
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.